Award entries open 1st December 2021
We'll be judging and crowning Britain's Best Cheese
Celebrating the Best of British & Irish Cheese
The Virtual Cheese Awards launched in 2020 during the Covid-19 pandemic to promote and celebrate the fantastic British cheese industry.
The awards are unique as they allow entrants to see their cheese judged live and get instant feedback.
We have now held two successful awards in 2020 and 2021 which attracted lots of entries from 100s of cheesemakers from across the Great British Isles. We are holding our third awards on 13th May 2022. Profit from the awards are put into a bursary to support British cheesemakers grow and thrive.
Our purpose and mission is:
- To create a sustainable, inclusive and transparent cheese awards that support and celebrate British cheesemakers, from the grassroots up
- Create a unique and inspiring cheese awards that is focused on celebrating the diversity and quality of British dairy as well as nurturing talent to help promote a sustainable and thriving industry to consumers
- Generate publicity, awareness and a route to market for entrants
- Provide detailed and transparent feedback to cheese producers from the industries leading experts
- Support the British cheese industry by creating a bursary to support cheesemakers grow and thrive
La Fresca Margarita, Feltham's Farm
"We would recommend all producers to enter as it gave our business a real boost. We loved the transparency of the judging process which isn’t replicated in any other cheese awards... read more"